A) Participation in the “19th Conference of the European Society for Vector Ecology (E-Sove)” was conducted within the project “Real Time PCR Kit multiplex detection and identification of viral agents (FHCCv and TBEv) and bacterial (Francisella tularensis and Borrelia burgdorferi sl) transmitted by ticks “Objectives of participation:
- Acquisition of the latest information on insect vector ecology of a series of pathogens, respectively FHCCv, TBEv, Francisella tularensis and Borrelia burgdorferi sl
- presentation of three scientific papers:
- “Tick-borne viral and bacterial Diseases Which Could emerge in the Danube River’s lower section”, authors: Stelian Baraitareanu, Doina Danes, Alexandru Vladimirescu, Gabriela Victoria Dumitrescu, Marius Necsulescu, Rodica Maria Gurau, Lucia Elena Ionescu, Mihai Danes;
- “Preliminary Results of Schmallenberg virus Serosurveillance in Romania”, authors: Doina Danes, Stelian Baraitareanu, Maria Rodica Gurau, Marius Dan, Alin Bartoiu, Horatiu Moldovan, Mihai Danes;
- “VP60 gene sequencing and phylogenetic analysis of Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease Virus Strains isolated in Romania”, authors: Marius Dan, Stelian Baraitareanu, Maria Rodica Gurau, Doina Danes.
The conference was attended by over 150 scientists from Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Africa, were exposed 73 oral presentations and 76 posters.
At the conference were presented several papers whose topic fits into the first objective of participation, namely providing information on the ecology of insect vector of a series of pathogens, respectively FHCCv, TBEv, Francisella tularensis and Borrelia burgdorferi sl, as: “Tick-Borne Diseases: an overview” and “Emergence and spread of pathogens in Ixodes ricinus Transmitted EDENext the context of the project”.
B) Participation in the ” 7th International Congress of the Society for Vector Ecology (SOVE) ” that will be held from 1st to 6th October 2017 in Palma de Mallorca.
More information, click on : 7th International SOVE Congress